The Bluecoats are seeking highly-motivated and detail-oriented individuals to fill internships during the 2017/2018 Bluecoats Indoor Winterguard season. Positions include:
- Administrative Intern (2)
- Media Intern (1)
Interns will think on their feet, define ways to expand and improve their roles, and work collaboratively with others. All interns must exhibit outstanding critical thinking and time management skills and show an aptitude for thinking outside of the box and inventing solutions for projects with limited time and resources. Interns should be skilled in modern business applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, GSuite, Evernote, and Google Maps. At Bluecoats we hope to create an intern team that will play an active and in-depth role in the execution of our winter seasons and the development of our organization.
The deadline to apply for a Bluecoats winter internship is 5:00 pm on Friday, September 15th.
The positions will be defined as follows:
Administration Intern (2)
- Assist with day-to-day logistics including management of rehearsal and housing locations, communication with hosts, and facility oversight.
- Assist with marketing and development office work.
- Assist with coordination and communication of volunteer, driving, and merchandise staff.
- Assist with tour logistics including airport and travel pick-ups, medical appointments, and other errands.
- Assist with record keeping and office management including maintenance of Evernote, Google Calendar, To-Do Lists, and housing and rehearsal info sheets.
- Assist with other general housekeeping such as equipment maintenance, uniform cleaning and upkeep, and show-day logistics.
- Ability to collaborate with others in fast-paced, intense, and stressful environment.
- Strong aptitude for out-of-the-box critical thinking skills.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
- Highly organized with a dedication for adopting and maintaining organizational habits amidst a disorderly daily environment.
- Knowledge of basic productivity programs like Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, GSuite, Slack, and Evernote
- Aptitude for learning new collaboration technologies and an interest in finding new and creative ways to work in a cloud-based world.
- Experience in management, communications, or business is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail in all things big and small.
Media Intern (1)
- Produce, shoot, and edit photo & video content
- Maintain a production schedule with deadlines.
- Maintain a high quality of work throughout the season.
- Coordinate storylines with ensemble administration
- Produce social video content for publishing to Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube and Instagram.
- Strong video & photo shooting and editing ability.
- Ability to tell a story both visually and through use of interviews.
- Familiarity with a run-and-gun workflow.
- Must own cameras capable of shooting photos and at least 720p HD video.
- Knowledge of photo and video techniques and camera operation beyond auto.
- Must own audio equipment/microphone for camera.
- Must own a laptop with a non-linear editor such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut, or Avid.
All interns of The Bluecoats will be required:
- to be 21 years of age or older.
- to have valid drivers license.
- to pass a rigorous driving record verification (admin only).
- to submit to a FBI/BCI background check.
- to work every (or most) weekends from September 22, 2017 to April 14, 2018 (conflicts will be considered on case-by-case basis).
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, image of both sides of your drivers license, and any other materials requested to the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due by 5:00 pm on Friday, September 15th.