What do members of The Shield receive?
The Shield is an exclusive community. Members are enrolled in a secret Facebook Group and receive regular email communication from Bluecoats.We want our members to see first what their membership supports. The content on these pages and emails takes members behind the scenes. They’ll see pre-season show content including the show title, props, costumes, etc. This applies to Bluecoats Indoor too!
In addition to this community content, members also receive:
- An annual welcome packet
- 5% off at the Bluecoats Marketplace, online and at performance events
- An invitation for you and a guest to The Shield VIP Reception at all Bluecoats-operated DCI events
- The Shield community welcome tent at several DCI events
- VIP parking as available
- Sustaining Member badge to wear at all DCI and WGI events
- Access to exclusive apparel and merchandise.
In addition, members of the President’s Club receive:
- $5 off Innovations IN BRASS and PFHOF Show tickets
- President’s Club Suite Access
- Special sponsorship opportunities
What is the President’s Club?
The President’s Club is a special club recognizing The Shield members who contribute more than $300 annually. In addition to the benefits of membership in The Shield, they will hang out in the President’s Suite at all Bluecoats-operated DCI shows and get additional discounts on tickets and Club level access at shows.
Why did Bluecoats start The Shield?
The Shield is a way to create a community of our most ardent supporters. This society is both a way to help our donors make a lasting contribution to the Bluecoats’ mission, and also a way to thank our most ardent supporters for their gifts and dedication to supporting performing arts education.